Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year to you! 2013 is here already! 2012 went by so quickly, but it was such a busy year, for Britain especially - we had the Royal Wedding, Diamond Jubilee, London Olympics, and the highlight of my year; Mumford & Sons in Newcastle and visiting the Tate's Pre-Raphaelite exhibition! I wonder what 2013 has in store for us?

I have never been able to keep to any of my New Year Resolutions, but I don't suppose many people do. This year, though, I am determined it will be different.

Just some of the books I have collected this year which still need reading...

I have masses of books to read, for I always buy some when out, from charity shops and the wondrous Barter Books. I need to stop buying books, otherwise I will need another bookshelf... suppose it gives me an excuse for wanting to make the spare room into a library. As expected, most of my books are on the Pre-Raphaelites, but I have so many on that subject that they never get properly read. I am doing this post so I have to finish all the books that need reading. I will also try to write a review of each book when I finish it. Well, off now to start reading Victorian Things - it has a whole chapter dedicated to hats and bonnets! A wonderful way to start the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment